Our homes play an important role in our lives.
It's estimated that 70% of a person's time is spent inside their home, so it should be a place where we feel safe, healthy and comfortable.
On average, a New Zealand household spends around $2500 per year on energy and heating. A healthy home is one that is warm and dry, connected with nature, and uses energy and water efficiently - to save you money.
Mitre 10’s Healthy Homes Plan is to translate the regulatory compliance requirements into an all-inclusive set of practical, easily actionable steps to improve your home.
Our goal is to help you:
- Save money and resources
- Create a healthy home and connect with nature
- Be part of a community of knowledge and empowerment
To meet the criteria for Mitre 10 Healthy Homes, our products and services must:
- Save our customers money and resources with an energy/water rating or 3 or more
- Have an environmental standard/claim that supports healthy homes plan
- Meet the requirements of the regulatory Healthy Homes Standard and Building Code
Whether you're a home owner, landlord or renter, we have services, product solutions and advice to help and inspire you to make the place you live healthy.