All Mitre 10 and Mitre 10 MEGA stores are now open to the public with safety protocols in place in line with the New Zealand Government’s Level 2 action to manage COVID-19. Mitre 10 is in full support of the actions taken to contain the spread of COVID-19.
This is an evolving situation and we will continue to communicate changes as they are confirmed. The safety of the Mitre 10 team and our customers remains paramount.
Before You Shop
We recommend you plan ahead and make a list of all the items you need for your projects.
Please avoid shopping in groups and if possible, shop alone.
Please maintain physical distancing of 2m with other shoppers and store team members inside and outside the store to help keep everyone safe.
Please use cashless payment where possible to minimise contact.
What you can expect while shopping in our stores in Alert Level 2:
- Through queue management and signage, we have enabled 2 metre physical distancing for our shoppers outside and inside our stores
- There will be increased cleaning in-store and for equipment such as counters, trolleys and baskets
- Hand sanitiser stations will be positioned at the entry and throughout the store for your use
- Sneeze guards will be in place at all checkouts
- If you need help, team members will be happy to assist you. Please remember physical distancing
- Please phone or email your local store to book appointments with our Showroom consultants to avoid high numbers of people congregating in one place
- Quantity limits may apply to some products such as personal protective equipment to ensure as many people as possible can access these products
- Our price guarantee will apply instore at Alert Level 2. For more click here
- Our playgrounds and Community BBQ’s will remain closed until further notice
- Cafes in Mitre 10 can open under Level 2 working to government requirements of customers being seated, separated by distance and with a server to the table
- Open cafes will have capacity limits
What we ask of customers shopping in store in Alert Level 2:
- Come to store prepared with a shopping list to help you get around the store faster
- Where possible, shop alone to help everyone keep appropriate physical distancing
- We ask that you be kind and patient – you may need to wait a little longer to get inside and to pay for your purchases
All Mitre 10 MEGA and Mitre 10 stores are able to supply our trade customers with a full range of building and construction materials at Level 2 and trade customers are welcome to come into store. However, there are still some restrictions in place, as we look to ensure the safety of our team and our customers as a priority. There are some changes to how you will be able to order and collect goods from Mitre 10. Click here for our Mitre 10 Trade Level 2 FAQ’s.
Purchase of Products Online – All Customers
Mitre 10 offers online orders of products for both contactless Home Delivery and Click & Collect services.
Quantity limits may apply to some products such as personal protective equipment to ensure as many people as possible can access these products.
We aim to deliver your order within 3-5 working days, but this may extend slightly if demand is high.
Can’t find what you’re looking for on the website? Need some advice or a question answered before completing your order? Our personal shoppers are here to help! Click here to find out more about our personal shopper service - helping you get it done right.
As New Zealand's largest home improvement and garden retailer, we thank you, our customers, for your ongoing support and we look forward to helping you with your DIY projects.
Online Ordering FAQs:
How long will my order take?
You can expect delivery to your home within 3-5 working days for most customers. Delivery to rural and lower South Island addresses may take up to 10 days. Please allow for this when placing your order.
Why are there limits on how many of each item I can purchase?
We want people to be able to buy what they need. In light of the stockpiling that has been evident since Alert Level 4 was announced, we’ve introduced quantity limits on some items to ensure there’s enough to go around.
Can I still return an item I’ve purchased?
Please see our Returns Policy here, which has been updated to align with the current Alert Level 2 conditions.