All Mitre 10 and Mitre 10 MEGA stores are now closed to the public in line with the New Zealand Government's action to manage COVID-19. Mitre 10 is in full support of the actions taken to contain the spread of COVID-19.
We have been working in consultation with government to understand the services and products we can provide for trade and retail customers – please see current details below. This is an evolving situation and we will continue to communicate changes as they are confirmed. The safety of the Mitre 10 team and our customers remains paramount.
Essential Services - Trade
Mitre 10’s trade offering is classified an Essential Service. Some stores are operating to supply existing trade customers with a limited range of materials required for essential building and construction. For more details and a list of stores please click here.
Essential Goods – All Customers
Mitre 10 can now offer a range of essential products online for contactless home delivery. The Click and Collect service is not available as all stores remain closed to the public.
Essential products are those that ensure you and your family can stay warm, safe and healthy during lockdown. While they are not, in the main, products that can be used to complete DIY projects, we are pleased we can supply some of the essentials to get you through the coming weeks.
All essential products are clearly identifiable - look for the green home delivery icon. Non-essentials can’t be added to the shopping cart. Search results can be filtered by deliverable products, meaning you don’t have to search our entire catalogue to see what’s available. Quantity limits apply to some products to ensure as many people as possible can access the essentials they need.
We aim to deliver your order within 3-5 working days, but this may extend slightly if demand is high.
The Mitre 10 Price Guarantee will not apply to online orders as it is available in-store only. We can reassure you that our products are priced as normal and you can rely on us for consistent fair pricing.
As New Zealand's largest home improvement and garden retailer, we thank you, our customers, for your ongoing support and we look forward to helping you with your DIY projects again soon.
Online Orders Made Prior to Lockdown
We have done our best to fulfil online orders placed in the lead up to the Covid-19 lockdown taking effect at 11.59pm on 25 March.
If you have not received your order or were unable to collect it prior to our store closures, you have a couple of options available.
- Delayed fulfilment of your order – All orders received prior to the lockdown period that were unable to be fulfilled will be processed as soon as we are able to resume processing. Please be aware that some stores have many back orders to process and, in some instances, a shortage of stock until they can be resupplied. There may be delays in orders being processed as a result.
- Outstanding Click and Collect orders – Once Alert Level 4 is removed, customers will receive a notification once orders are ready for collection and home delivery customers will receive delivery of their order as soon as possible, however there may be further delays within the courier network.
- Cancellation of your order – If you would like to cancel your order and receive a refund, please contact us via email at [email protected] with your order details. Due to the significant order volumes experienced in the lead up to the lockdown, there may be some delays in processing your request. We will be working through these refund requests as quickly as possible and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have been sent confirmation of a delivery but have not yet received your order, you can check the status of your delivery at the link provided in that email
We ask you to please be patient waiting for your item/s to arrive, as couriers across New Zealand are extremely busy getting vital supplies to those who need them.
Essential Goods FAQs:
- What are essential items / what makes an item essential?
In line with the government’s definition of essential goods, the range available from Mitre 10 will enable you to carry out essential repairs and keep your homes warm, safe and healthy over the lockdown period. More detail on this is available on the government's COVID-19 website.
- Why can’t I buy other stuff?
We are working within government guidelines and will continue to do so as the situation evolves. The restrictions around what goods can be sold online are in place to minimise the risk to public health by reducing pressure on the distribution system (suppliers, couriers, freight companies) and reducing movement and physical interaction between people.
- How long will my order take?
You can expect delivery to your home within 3-5 working days for most customers, although we may have an initial rush of orders so please understand if it takes slightly longer. Delivery to rural and lower South Island addresses may take up to 10 days. Please allow for this when placing your order.
- Why are there limits on how many of each item I can purchase?
We want people to be able to buy what they need. In light of the stockpiling that has been evident since Alert Level 4 was announced, we’ve introduced quantity limits on some items to ensure there’s enough to go around.
- Why can’t I click and collect?
All Mitre 10 and Mitre 10 MEGA stores are closed to protect the health and safety of our team and our customers. Contactless home delivery minimises the risk of transmission as there are fewer interactions between people.
- Can I still return an item I’ve purchased?
Please see our Returns Policy, which has been updated to align with the current Alert Level 4 conditions.
- Are you accepting phone orders?
Only existing trade customers can make phone orders and they can only order supplies to support essentials services. Customers looking to purchase essential goods need to order online.