We’ve partnered with Airpoints™ to help you turn your weekend projects into weekend getaways.
Every time you shop at Mitre 10 in-store or online and use your Airpoints card, you’ll earn Airpoints Dollars™ on your purchases. For every $115 spent at Mitre 10, you will earn 1 Airpoints Dollar or spend below this value and you’ll earn a percentage of an Airpoints Dollar*, every spend counts towards your next Airpoints Dollar.
For account customers, if you are interested in earning Airpoints Dollars™ when buying with us, talk to your Account Manager or the Trade Team at your local store to find out more. We treat each request to earn Airpoints Dollars on account individually and will discuss the terms of trade with you to ensure it’s right for you.
Please note that Airpoints™ are only issued when Gift Cards are redeemed. Gift cards are treated as a form of payment, so Airpoints become activated at the point they are redeemed for product.
You can then spend your Airpoints Dollars on a number of different products and services including, flights, rental cars, Koru membership, wine, travel insurance or on a gift from the Airpoints Store. Find out more here.
Plus, there are plenty of other opportunities for you to earn Airpoints Dollars at over 50 other Airpoints partners.
Not an Airpoints™ Member?
Your Airpoints™ card gets you more at Mitre 10
Unlock Mitre 10 Club benefits, including Mitre 10 Club Prices, by registering your Airpoints™ card against your Mitre 10 Home Improvement and/or Mitre 10 Garden Club membership. Find out more.
Terms and Conditions for Airpoints™
In partnership with Air New Zealand, Mitre 10 customers can earn Airpoints Dollars™ in accordance with the terms and conditions below:
- You can earn Airpoints Dollars™ each time you make a purchase of goods or services at any Mitre 10 or Mitre 10 MEGA store and present your Airpoints™ card or by including your Airpoints™ number when completing a purchase of goods or services online at www.mitre10.co.nz, at a rate equivalent to 1 Airpoints Dollar™ for every $115 (including GST) spent.
- You can earn Airpoints Dollars™ when you use a Mitre 10 gift card to make purchases of goods or services, but not when you purchase a Mitre 10 gift card.
- We may offer extra Airpoints Dollars™ (Bonus Airpoints Dollars™) on purchases of goods or services in store, and these goods or services and/or the number of Bonus Airpoints Dollars™ may change at any time without notice.
- We may also make limited Bonus Airpoints Dollars™ offers direct to all or to selected Airpoints™ member customers at our discretion.
- Airpoints Dollars™ earned through Mitre 10 will be loaded onto your Airpoints™ account within 14 working days of your purchase of goods or services having been paid for in full and having been uplifted by or delivered to you.
- You cannot earn Air New Zealand status points through Mitre 10.
- Mitre 10 and Air New Zealand reserve the right to deduct Airpoints Dollars™ earned through Mitre 10 from your Airpoints™ account if the payment on which those Airpoints Dollars™ was earned is refunded or dishonoured for any reason.
- By earning Airpoints Dollars™ through Mitre 10, you authorise us to collect, use and disclose the personal information we have collected from you, including information about your Airpoints™, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Mitre 10 Privacy Statement and the Air New Zealand Airpoints Terms and Conditions.
- We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time by giving you at least 30 days’ notice on our website www.mitre10.co.nz. However, we may without notice:
- change these Terms and Conditions at any time if Air New Zealand changes the Air New Zealand Airpoints Terms and Conditions; or
- stop awarding Airpoints Dollars™ to you at any time at our discretion if we cease to be a partner in Air New Zealand’s Airpoints Programme.
- We are not responsible and accept no liability for verifying whether you are the person/entity entitled to earn Airpoints Dollars™ (including Bonus Airpoints Dollars™) in relation to a purchase of goods or services or whether another person/entity should in fact be the beneficiary of those Airpoints Dollars™.
- We are not responsible and accept no liability for any breach by Air New Zealand or its other Airpoints partners of their obligations to you in respect of the Airpoints Programme.
Full Airpoints programme terms and conditions can be found here.
As part of a pilot we’re running in a handful of stores (Mitre 10 MEGA Albany, Mitre 10 Browns Bay, Mitre 10 MEGA Glenfield, Mitre 10 MEGA Warkworth and Mitre 10 Whangaparaoa), you can now pay for purchases in part or in full with your Airpoints Dollars when you spend $75 or more in store in a single transaction. It’s easy really:
- Head to airnewzealand.co.nz/airpoints or check your Air NZ mobile app to see how many Airpoints Dollars you have.
- Come on in and pick up whatever you need for your project.
- Hand over your photo ID and your Airpoints card at checkout and let us know how many of your Airpoints Dollars you’d like to use for your purchase.
Not available for cash or credit account sales or for the purchase of gift cards. Photo ID must be presented at time of purchase. Available to New Zealand residents only. Where Airpoints Dollars are used as part or full payment, no Airpoints Dollars will be earned on any part of the transaction.
- Why do I need to show ID?
Essentially we just want to make sure no one is taking what’s yours. The name on the Airpoints account will need to match the name on the shown ID and the face on the ID will have to match the person presenting the card.
- Any other restrictions?
- At the moment, you can’t use your Air NZ mobile app to pay for purchases.
- You can only use your Airpoints Dollars as payment if you hold a NZ issued Airpoints card and are a New Zealand resident.This option isn’t available for cash account or credit account sales, such as trade accounts. Or for the purchase of gift cards.
- During the pilot period, you can only use Airpoints Dollars as payment at Mitre 10 MEGA Albany, Mitre 10 Browns Bay, Mitre 10 MEGA Glenfield, Mitre 10 MEGA Warkworth and Mitre 10 Whangaparaoa.
- By choosing to pay for part or all of your purchase with your available Airpoints Dollars, you cannot earn Airpoints Dollars on any part of the transaction. If you use an Airpoints earning Credit Card for part of the transaction, you will earn Airpoints Dollars and Status Points as per the terms and conditions of the card.
- Why can’t I use my Airpoints Dollars to pay at other Mitre 10 stores?
We’re pretty chuffed to be the first NZ retailer welcoming Airpoints Dollars as a way to pay – but because this is so new to us, we wanted to test it out first. So, we’ve picked a handful of Mitre 10 stores to road-test the offer in and when we’ve ironed out any kinks, we’ll be looking to roll-out nationally.
- How long does the pilot run for?
The plan is to pilot using Airpoints Dollars as a payment option from 29 May – 31 August 2018. Although, we do reserve the right to change these dates or any other part of the pilot.
- How do I know how many Airpoints Dollars I have?
You can go to airnewzealand.co.nz/airpoints or use the Air NZ mobile app to check your balance.
- Is there a fee to pay with my Airpoints Dollars?
No – you’ll pay the price advertised in store on the day.
- Can I pay for my online shopping with my Airpoints Dollars?
Not at this stage. But watch this space when we roll out across the country.
- What’s the maximum sized transaction I can use my Airpoints Dollars on?
There currently isn’t a maximum transaction value for using your Airpoints Dollars points – but it is worth bearing in mind that if you are only going to use Airpoints Dollars to part pay, you won’t earn Airpoints Dollars on the part you’ve chosen not to pay with your Airpoints Dollars.
- Can I use more than one Airpoints card on the same transaction?
No – we can only accept one Airpoints card per transaction. But with Shairpoints you can work with family and friends to combine your Airpoints Dollars in one account.
- Do I still qualify for Mitre 10 promotions?
- What happens if I need to return my purchase?
Our no hassle returns policy applies. However, if you choose to have your purchase refunded (in part or full), we’ll refund you in the same proportion of Airpoints Dollars and other payment types that were used for the original payment.
We’d love to hear your feedback on this pilot. Let us know what you think by emailing [email protected].