SMARTMATE CASH ACCOUNT FAQS
These FAQs will help you to find out more about SmartMate Cash accounts.
The FAQs are split into two sections:-
- Section 1 – If you don’t yet have a SmartMate Cash Account and want to know more.
- Section 2 – If you already have a SmartMate Cash Account and have a few more questions.
SECTION 1 - wanting to know more about SmartMate Cash Accounts
1. What is a Mitre 10 SmartMate Cash Account?
A SmartMate Cash Account is a pay-as-you-go account for business, trade and commercial customers. SmartMate Cash Account holders can access their trade pricing on a wide range of products and services at all participating Mitre 10 stores nationwide. Convenient and flexible. Pay for your goods at time of purchase.
2. How does a SmartMate Cash Account work?
SmartMate Cash Accounts are operated by using a SmartMate Cash Account card and pin. Just like using your bank card – you will always have to present your SmartMate Cash Account card at checkout. Your SmartMate Cash Account card will be scanned at checkout, you will be asked to enter your pin. This will enable your trade discounts to be applied to your purchases. Pay for your goods at the time of purchase and you are good to go!
3. Who can open a SmartMate Cash Account?
All New Zealand registered businesses are eligible to open a SmartMate Cash account. You will need to provide your New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) and your business IRD number when you apply for an account.
4. What is a New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)?
Check out the New Zealand Business website for further details on https://www.nzbn.govt.nz/whats-an-nzbn/about/
In summary, “NZBN is a globally unique identifier, available to every Kiwi business. Whether you’re self employed or a major corporation, there’s an NZBN for you”.
“Your NZBN makes doing business faster and easier because it links to your core business information (known as Primary Business Data). This includes things such as your trading name, phone number or email.”
5. What do I do if our business doesn’t have an NZBN Number?
If you don’t already have an NZBN you can apply for one through the government NZBN website https://www.nzbn.govt.nz/
6. How do I apply for a SmartMate Cash Account?
Apply online through the Mitre 10 Trade site www.mitre10.co.nz/trade - Click on the SmartMate Cash Account “Apply for a Cash Account” tab. Complete all your company details. Read through the Terms and Conditions, if you accept the Terms and Conditions then simply click on “Submit” and your application will be submitted to Mitre 10.
7. Once I have applied online for a SmartMate Cash account what is the next step?
Once Mitre 10 receives your online account application, this will be reviewed and processed. If we have any questions or need to check anything with you, we will be in touch. Once your application is approved, we will open your account, order your new SmartMate Cash Account card and will e-mail your pin to you.
8. How long does it take to receive my SmartMate Cash Account card and pin?
It will take around 10 working days for your account to be opened and your SmartMate Cash Account card to be sent to you in the post.
9. What do I do if my card or pin don’t arrive?
Your pin will be e-mailed to you – as a first step, please check your spam folder to see if the e-mail with pin has been automatically put into your spam folder. If you cannot find your pin or your card does not arrive, you can e-mail [email protected] provide us with your name and your company name, and we will track this down for you and be in touch as soon as we can.
10. What discounts and pricing will I get using my SmartMate Cash account?
The discounts and pricing you will receive will be based on your business industry type and the estimated spend amount that you have indicated on your application form.
11. How do I access my discounted pricing?
Simply present your SmartMate Cash Account card at checkout, your card will be scanned, you will need to enter your pin to validate your account and your trade pricing will be applied.
12. Can I purchase online if I have a SmartMate Cash Account?
As a SmartMate Cash Account holder you will automatically be given access to the Mitre 10 Trade Hub – our online pricing and ordering tool for trade and business customers. You will be able to place your order online and then pay for the goods when you collect them from the selected Mitre 10 store.
13. Can I order SmartMate Cash Account cards for employees to be able to use this account for business purposes?
Yes, you can order additional cards for Authorised Purchasers for your company or business, for business use. When you apply, provide us with their details and we will set them up with personalised cards and pins.
SECTION 2 - more information for customers that have a SmartMate Cash Account
1. I have received my SmartMate Cash Account card and pin but it doesn’t seem to be working – what do I need to do?
Contact our team on [email protected] provide us with your name, mobile number and company details plus some details of the issue you have had and we will look into this and get back to you as soon as possible.
2. Can I change the pin for my card or for one of our Authorised Purchasers?
E-mail us on [email protected] provide us with your name and your company name, your current pin and the pin you would like to change to.
3. I would like to add additional Authorised Purchasers to our company SmartMate Cash Account, how can I do this?
E-mail us on [email protected] provide us with your name and your company name and the following details for each additional authorised purchase – first name, surname, e-mail address and mobile number. Please note, the e-mail address for each person has to be unique, no duplicate e-mail addresses can be used in our systems. Each Authorised Purchaser will have their own personalised card, with their name printed on the back and their own pin.
4. I need to set up my Trade Hub access so I can order online, but have not yet received the activation e-mail, what should I do?
The activation e-mail should have been automatically sent to you - as the first step, please check your spam folder to see if the e-mail has gone into your spam folder. If you cannot find the e-mail, please contact us on [email protected] provide us with your name and your company name, and we will generate another activation e-mail for you.
5. I usually use Internet Explorer but can’t seem to view Trade Hub correctly – how can I resolve this?
Please use Google Chrome when accessing the Trade Hub, this will resolve these issues for you, as the system is not compatible with Internet Explorer.
6. I would like to know more about how to make the most out of using Mitre 10 Trade Hub – how do I find out more?
Log into Trade Hub – go to the HELP section in the top right corner. You will find user guides and videos to help you. We do have two types of views in the Trade Hub “Trade” and “Business”. The “Trade” view is relevant to builders and construction industry and the “Business” view to all other types of business – depending on your type of business, there may be some functions that aren’t applicable to you.
7. I would like to add additional Authorised Purchasers to our Trade Hub account, so they can place orders, how do I do this?
Log into Trade Hub – go to the help section in the top right corner, locate the SmartMate Cash Account Trade Hub user guide and this will have all the details you need to set up your team on Trade Hub.
8. One of our Authorised Purchasers has either lost or had their SmartMate Cash Account card stolen, how can we cancel this?
E-mail us on [email protected] provide us with your name and your company name and the name of the Authorised Purchase who has lost their card. We will deactivate the card for you and assist you with getting a new card and pin.