RIDE IN A TRUCK DAY
SATURDAY 14th OCTOBER 2017
Mitre 10 Mega Ride in a Truck day gives children an opportunity to take a ride in a big rig, and help raise funds for the Little Elm Charitable Trust and Bellyful Napier.
This is a good, fun family event now in its 25th year. Convoys of trucks depart from Mitre 10 MEGA Napier & Hastings and travel to T&G Global east site, Anderson Road, Whakatu for a great day of family fun, including:
- Truck show and prizegiving
- Truck rides around Whakatu
- Bouncy Castle
- Food stalls
- Raffle draws
- Truck pull competition
- Truck & bike safety awareness
Convoy tickets are $12 per person plus each child ticket holder gets a goodie bag! Convoys depart 8.45am Napier & 9.00am in Hastings and head to Whakatu. UPDATE - CONVOY TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT
If you can't make the convoy departing from MEGA you can still get a ride in a truck on the day from the event at T&G Global east, Anderson Road, Whakatu. We look forward to seeing you there!
Mega Play Zone Superpass tickets can be purchased on the day at Whakatu for $7. Includes entry into the play zone and loads of bouncy castles and unlimited truck rides on the Whakatu circuit.
THE ROUTE FROM NAPER
Depart Mitre 10 MEGA Napier at 9.00am sharp: Prebenson Drive, Hydrabad Road, Ahuriri By-pass, Hardinge Road, Marine Parade, SH2, Clive, Railway Road, Station Road, Groome Place.
Passengers must arrive onsite no later than 8.45am and sign in. Trucks will load passengers at 8.50 - 8.55am
THE ROUTE FROM HASTINGS
Depart Mitre 10 MEGA Hastings at 9.15am sharp: Caroline Road, Frederick Street, Tomana Road, St Aubyn Street, Karamu Road, Sh2, Station Road, Groome Place.
Passengers must arrive onsite no later than 9.00am and sign in. Trucks will load passangers at 9.05 - 9.10am.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Ticket holders MUST make their own arrangements to be collected from T&G Pipfruit East, Anderson Road, Whakatu.
- Supervising adult required for children under 8 years of age.
- Each truck cab is only capable of carrying up to 3 passengers at a time.
- There will be a designated meeting place for children to be collected after dismounting.
- All passengers travel at their own risk and are responsible for following all the drivers' instructions.
- When dismounting trucks at Whakatu please follow marshalls instructions.
- The convoy has special exemption for child safety seats, but parents have the option to provide and fit if they prefer. They must allow sufficient time to do so BEFORE convoy departs.
- Riders must arrive and bring their receipt of ticket purchase, and sign in prior to boarding.