Mitre 10 MEGA Ride in a Truck Day
Saturday 9th October 2021
Mitre 10 Mega Ride in a Truck day gives children an opportunity to take a ride in a big rig, and help raise funds for the Little Elm Charitable Trust and Cancer Society. This is a good, fun family event now in its 29th year. Convoys of trucks depart from Mitre 10 MEGA Napier & Hastings and travel to the Hawke’s Bay A&P Showgrounds, Kenilworth Rd, Hastings for a great day of family fun, including:
• Truck show and prizegiving
• Truck rides
• Bouncy Castle
• Food stalls
• Raffle draws
• Truck pull competition
• Truck & bike safety awareness
• SUPER Pass $20 per person, includes: Cavalcade ride to the showgrounds (departing Mitre 10 Mega Napier or Hastings). Entry to the play zone and a goodie bag.
• Convoy Pass $15 per person, includes: Cavalcade ride to the showgrounds (departing Mitre 10 Mega Napier or Hastings). And a goodie bag.
On the day at the showgrounds you can purchase:
• MEGA Pass $5 per person, includes: Unlimited truck rides at the A&P showgrounds and full access to the fun zone.
• Single Truck Pass $2 per person, includes: Single truck ride at the A&P showgrounds or limited entry to the fun zone.
Please note: all tickets purchased online will incur booking fee. Tickets purchased in-store at Mitre 10 Mega Napier & Hastings will not incur booking fees.
TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY 30th AUGUST 2021
THE ROUTE FROM NAPIER (20 minute ride)
Depart Mitre 10 MEGA Napier at 9.00am sharp: Left onto Ford Road, right onto Prebenson Drive, left onto Hydrabad Road, continue along onto Bridge Street, striaght through Ahuriri By-pass, Right onto Hardinge Road, staight, continue around Breakwater Road to Marine Parade, continue straignt to Clive to Mangateretere roundabout, right into Karamu Road, right onto Ruahapea Road, left onto Bennetter Road, left onto Elwood Road and right into Showgrounds stock entrance.
Passengers must arrive onsite 8.30am to sign in. Trucks will load passengers at 8.50 - 8.55am
THE ROUTE FROM HASTINGS (20 minute ride)
Depart Mitre 10 MEGA Hastings at 9.15am sharp: North on Caroline Road, left onto Frederick Street, right onto Pakowhai Road, left onto Evendon Road, left onto the Expressway SH50a, left onto Omahu Road, left onto Pakowhai Road, right onto St Aubyn Street, right onto Wndsor Avenue, left onto Havelock Road, left onto Karema Drive, left onto Napier Road, left onto Karamu Road, right onto Ruahapea, left onto Bennett Street, left onto Ellwood Road, right onto Showgrounds stock entrance.
Passengers must arrive onsite 8.45am to sign in. Trucks will load passengers at 9.05 - 9.10am.
Terms & Conditions
• Ticket holders MUST make their own arrangements to be collected from the Hawke’s Bay A&P Showgrounds as convoy tickets are for a one way only ride.
• Supervising adult required for children under 8 years of age.
• Each truck cab is only capable of carrying up to 3 passengers at a time.
• Passengers will be allocated to trucks from the mustering area, choosing a particular truck to ride in is not available.
• All passengers travel at their own risk and are responsible for following all of the driver’s instructions.
• There will be a designated meeting place for children to be collected after dismounting.
• When dismounting trucks at the A&P Showgrounds please follow marshal’s instructions.
• The convoy has special exemption for child safety seats, but parents have the option to provide and fit if they prefer. They must allow sufficient time to do so BEFORE convoy departs.
• All riders must arrive ½ and hour before departure, tickets must be provided and checked in prior to boarding.