We want you, your family and friends to have an amazing day and to keep you safe. There a few important rules you need to know that will help all of us to do that.
MEGA WALK SAFETY BRIEFING
Date of Event: Sunday 1 November 2020
Venue: Mitre 10 Mega Hastings to Mitre 10 Mega Napier using walkways and pathways.
Event Contact: Pip George 0211712265
- Thank you for taking part in this year’s Mitre 10 Mega Walk. It is important that you read this briefing to ensure your own safety. It is important that you listen to the verbal Race Briefing five minutes before the start of your event just in case something has happened that you need to be made aware of.
- Please make sure you run/walk on the footpaths, walkway, limestone track and grass verge when you are participating. No roads are closed and you must keep off the road where ever this is possible.
- There are some major roads where Traffic Management has been put in place to ensure your safety when you are crossing. You must cross at these designated points and abide by marshals’ instructions.
- There will be arrows and km markings all along the course. These will direct you along with marshals placed at strategic areas. Please look for these arrows and abide by marshals’ instructions.
- If you are injured or cannot continue there will be nurses on 4-wheel bikes who are able to assist you. They will be on the course in the Awatoto/Marine Parade area. There will be a Ute following behind the last walker packing down the course and this Ute will also have a nurse.
- If you withdraw from the course please let someone know at either an aid station, start point or tell the tail end marshal who will be on a bike.
- Aid stations will be provided along the course and they will have water for you but you are strongly urged to carry your own drink bottle and fill this at the aid stations.
- Please ensure you have filled in your emergency contact sticker, and placed it on the inside of your mega walk vest or personnel.
- If you need any assistance and it is urgent contact the Race Director, Pip George 0211712265
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By signing this registration, I, and all sub-entrants, agree to read the race rules, listen to the briefing and comply with the rules and instructions of this race. I will be competing at my own risk and consider that I am capable of completing this event. I agree to complete and attach the emergency contact sticker provided. I waive all claims against the organisers, promoters and/or sponsors. I agree that any information supplied, or photographs/videos taken may be used by Mitre 10 or associated sponsors for legitimate and reasonable promotion purposes. I consent to Mitre 10 collecting information about me for the purposes of event administration. This consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.