TERMS AND CONDITIONS – MITRE 10 NZ WOMENS’ DIY CHALLENGE AT THE HILUX NEW ZEALAND RURAL GAMES – QUEENSTOWN COMPETITOR
Mitre 10 MEGA Queenstown (Shotover Hardware Limited) is seeking a contestant to participate in the Mitre 10 (New Zealand) Limited (“Mitre 10”) Women’s DIY Challenge which is to be held as part of the Hilux New Zealand Rural Games (“Rural Games”) being held in Queenstown from 6-7th February 2016, alongside two (2) other contestants to be selected by Mitre10.
- The three (3) finalists will be required to compete against each other in a challenge to put together a playhouse barn and finish afence.
- Each contestant will be scored on these tasks to allow a winner to benamed.
- Entrants are allowed to have one assistant – please see further details found in point 5 of Specific Terms of Entry(below).
- The winner and the 2 Mitre 10 contestants will then be entered into the Mitre 10 NZ Women’s DIY Champion competition at the RuralGames.
In addition to the opportunity to compete at the Rural Games and the ability to win the title of Mitre 10 Women’s DIY Champion, the following will also be awarded as prizes by Mitre 10, depending on how contestants get placed in the Mitre 10 NZ Women’s DIYChallenge:
- First place will receive a Mitre 10 gift voucher to the value of $3,000 and a custom made trophy for ayear.
- oSecond place will receive a Mitre 10 gift voucher to the value of$2,000.
- oThird place will receive a Mitre 10 gift voucher to the value of$1,000.
SPECIFIC TERMS OF ENTRY:
- No purchase is required to enter thiscompetition.
- Entrants must be female and over the age of sixteen as of the 5th February 2016.
- Entrants need to email [email protected] with at least one photo of a DIY project they have completed and information explaining why they should be selected to compete. Note: The two other contestants nominated by Mitre 10 and will be selected at Mitre 10’s discretion. These two contestants are not bound by the Terms and Conditions of thiscompetition.
- The Prize is limited to one (1) winner only.
- However the Winner is allowed to bring one (1) assistant with them to participate in the competition. Assistants must also be female and over the age of sixteen as of the 5th February 2016.The assistant will NOT be entering the Mitre 10 NZ Women’s DIY Challenge, only the Winner does.
- The promotion begins on Tuesday 12th January 2016 and closes at midnight, Sunday 24th January 2016 ("Promotion Period"). The Promoter has the right to extend the Promotion Period at their discretion.
- Winners must be able to travel AND participate in the Rural Games between 5th February 2016 and 7th February 2016.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- Information on how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which may vary or be amended from time to time.
- This Promotion is only open to “Eligible Entrants” being individuals who: (i) are residents of New Zealand; and (ii) are 16 years and older (iii) are not employees of the Promoter or any other agency or body which provides prizes or assistance to the Promoter, and (iv) are not a spouse, de facto partner, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of the employees of the Promoter and (v) are not professionally connected with the Promotion.
- The Winner will be contacted via email or by phone. The Promoter will make reasonable attempts to contact the Winner but if the Winner is unable to be contacted by 28 January 2016, then the Promoter has the discretion to select another Winner for this competition.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- All other expenses incurred with any part of the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies) and any other agency or body which provides prizes or assistance to the Promoter is excluded from all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following:(a)any unauthorised access or third party interference;(b)any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (c) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions of Entry; (d) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this Promotion due to events arising beyond its control.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any third party acts oromissions.
- Where a prize item is provided or sponsored by a third party,the entrant/claimant consents to the Promoter providing the third party with his/her name,address and other relevant details to enable the Winners to be contacted and or to dispatch a prize to the Winners.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable,the Promoter, in its discretion,reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of prize) with a prize of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties,including,but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to regulatory authorities.
- The Entrant consents to the storage of their personal information on the Promoter’s database for purposes of this competition.
- If the Entrant consents to being contacted by the Promoter, the Promoter may use the personal information provided to contact the Entrant for future promotional and marketing purposes including contacting the Entrant via electronic messaging.
- By entering this competition, Entrants agree to the use of their name and photograph for promotional/advertising purposes. The ensuing copyright will vest with the Promoter, without any claim to compensation from the Entrants.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for death or any personal injury suffered or sustained as consequence of participation in the promotion.
- The Promoter is Shotover Hardware Limited.