• If you like the idea of a feature wall, let the kids add their own touch by painting a mural, or let the kids create a painting of their own inside picture frames you have painted directly onto the wall.
• Kids are prone to selecting the brightest colours for their bedrooms. The paint in Dulux Glimmer Effects range are a great help here! They produces a soft sparkle that can tone down and modernize your childs colour choice. Kids will also love the star like sparkle when the sun comes streaming in.
• There is always the need for storage, so grab some cane baskets and paint each one in a different primary colour - this is a cheap way to add colour to the room.
• Let the kids create their own artwork by painting a tabletop using the whole mixture of colours you’ve chosen before finishing it with a heavy duty coat of varnish for protection.
• Visit your local junk shop and pick up some old picture frames. Paint each one a different colour and tack some board onto the back of each frame, you can use them as pin boards.
• To be a little more creative, paint a few of the walls in bold vertical stripes. This is a really successful and inexpensive way of creating
the illusion of a very large, light and airy space